Hi,
  I developed a quite simple code for audio streaming with MediaPlayer
(please see code below). I tested it with an MP3 file and it worked
perfectly. However, when I tested the same code with a WAV audio, the
MediaPlayer was unable to stream the audio properly.

   I had to build a StreamPlayer based on
http://blog.pocketjourney.com/2008/04/04/tutorial-custom-media-streaming-for-androids-mediaplayer/

   I don't know if this a known issue that I'm not aware, but does anybody
knows why the code below wouldn't work with WAV files? Does MediaPlayer
library supports WAV streaming?

Thanks

      final ProgressBar progressBar = (ProgressBar)
findViewById(R.id.progress_bar);
      player = new MediaPlayer();
      player.setDataSource(path);
      player.setAudioStreamType(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC);
      player.prepareAsync();
      player.setOnPreparedListener(new OnPreparedListener(){

        @Override
        public void onPrepared(MediaPlayer mp)
        {
          //Preparation finished. Start playing voicemail
          player.start();

          //Update primary progress on Progress bar
          startPlayProgressUpdater();
        }
      });

      player.setOnBufferingUpdateListener(new OnBufferingUpdateListener()
      {

        @Override
        public void onBufferingUpdate(MediaPlayer mp, int percent)
        {
          //Update secondary progress on Progress bar
          progressBar.setSecondaryProgress(percent);
        }
      });