Hi,

I am currently developing a PhoneGap application - but I am pretty
sure that my problem is way more related to Android than to PhoneGap.
My app consists of a directory assets/www/maps. In this folder is a
huge amount of image files that are tiles for a map library.

My observation is: When the asset folder contains around 80mb of
files, the app works nicely both on the emulator and on my nexus one.
When it's larger than 80mb it crashes on both devices. the devises are
running 2.3.3 Api level 10 (but it happens on 3.2, too).

The error messages are not really helpful ("error parsing apk file"
popup on nexus and "cannot read Android Manifest" via logcat on
emulator).

I am really a newbie on Android, so I am a bit lost here. I already
tried to increase the partition size of my emulator like that:
"emulator -avd avd -partition-size 2047" - but this did not help.

Any pointers how to continue debugging would be really great. If there
are any limits on the amount of files / size of an apk let me know. I
am not aware of any limits - and afaik the 50mb limit of Android apps
distributed via the Android Market was lifted some time ago.

Thanks a lot :)

Raphael
ps. I also cross posted my question at the phongap list:
http://groups.google.com/group/phonegap/browse_thread/thread/8333095f7daae5a0
- but got no answer.

--
inc: http://ars-machina.raphaelbauer.com