The Android GUI system is far simpler that Swing.  It's more like a
cleaned up AWT.   It still has a pretty good stable of nifty widgets,
but they certainly are not the same widgets you find in Swing-based
UIs.

The constraints on a mobile app GUI are, at least at the moment,
different than those on a desktop app.  Although many of the
constructs you know and love, from Swing (single-thread, event queue,
callbacks, view-hierarchy), will be entirely familiar, it is worth
your while to make sure you understand how the UI fits in with the
Activity lifecycle, before you go porting a Swing app, directly.

-blake
Programming Android, FTW!
http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920010364