Hi Krishna -

Are you trying to set the proxy for the device as a whole, or just for
a specific app?

If you're trying to use a proxy from within an application you're
working on, I'd recommend looking at
the API for URL.openConnection(Proxy p); one of the variants of this
call takes a proxy as an argument.
I've used it and it works quite well.

If you're trying to get the device itself to work from behind a proxy
(i.e. browser, mail, all the built-in apps), I'm
not sure if it's possible to do this from the ui without doing some
fiddling around with adb commands. I've only
gotten this to work from an emulator, by SSH-ing into the device and
changing some tables in the settings database.
Never tried from a real device.

Dan