Using the example code I'm tyring to add a custom layout for notification,
but nothing shows up. Can anyone help me out?

---------------------<code chunk 1>-----------

RemoteViews contentView = new RemoteViews(getPackageName(),
 R.layout.mynotification);
 contentView.setImageViewResource(R.id.image, R.drawable.icon);
 contentView.setTextViewText(R.id.title, "Custom notification");
 contentView.setTextViewText(R.id.text,
 "This is a custom layout");
 Notification notification = new Notification();
 notification.contentView = contentView;
 Intent notificationIntent = new Intent(this, MusicDroid.class);
 PendingIntent contentIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(this, 0,
 notificationIntent, 0);
 notification.contentIntent = contentIntent;
 mNotificationManager.notify(notificationId, notification);

and the mynotificaiton.xml layout is like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    android:id="@+id/layout"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"