I updated the android SDK's, basically installed and updated
everything. Now when I open existing applications I've been working on
I get an error when trying to view existing layouts

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.editors.layout.configuration.ConfigurationComposite.onXmlModelLoaded(ConfigurationComposite.java:
689)
        at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.editors.layout.gle2.GraphicalEditorPart.onTargetChange(GraphicalEditorPart.java:
970)
        at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.editors.layout.LayoutEditor.onDescriptorsChanged(LayoutEditor.java:
568)
        at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.editors.layout.LayoutEditor.initUiRootNode(LayoutEditor.java:
490)
        at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.editors.layout.LayoutEditor.xmlModelChanged(LayoutEditor.java:
309)

So basically any existing project I can only see the xml. If I start a
new project using the same API 2.3.1 as the existing projects it opens
the graphical view fine!

Any idea's ?

Thanks in advance.