I currently have a TabActivity which has 4 tabs, within one of the
tab's I want to be able to move forward and back between 4 different
Activities.

However if I try to start a new Activity now it removes the TabActivty
and starts a whole new Activity with no tab bars.

I have read about using view groups but that this is not best practice
and also about using a view flipper but this doesn't seem to let me
switch between different Activities only change the views within the
Activity. I can't implement back functionality for exa,ple.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should be
looking for as a solution to this?

Some more information:

Within the TabActivity my first screen will be a ListView that
contains 4 rows, then selecting one of these will in turn load another
ListView with 2 rows again within the TabActivity and then the 3rd
screen will just contain some text depending on which option the user
chose again within the Tab Activity.

Is a ViewFlipper the best solution here? It seems to me that it will
require a lot of coding within one Activity if I use the ViewFlipper?