There's a further wrinkle, I discovered. I was able to launch my main
Activity (the one with action=MAIN, category=LAUNCHER) but none of the
other ones would activate. Once I altered the AndroidManifest.xml to
include the intent filter with those settings, the other activities would
launch. I don't know if just one of action/category is needed or if both
tags are necessary.

(Don't get me started about Google's "documentation"...)