I have an Activity which has a TabHost, lets call this the "parent"
Activity. Within the TabHost are two tabs whose content, are
themselves, Activities, lets call them "child" Activities.

The child activites perform several functions which can take a while
to complete so I wish to add an indeterminate progress bar in the
window title bar. However, how do I get a reference to the "parent"
Activity window - from inside a child Activity of the TabHost?

If I use the following code in the "parent" activity, an indeterminate
progress bar displays, however if used within a "child" Activity it is
not displayed...

requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_INDETERMINATE_PROGRESS);
setProgressBarIndeterminateVisibility(true);

So is there a method similar to getParentWindow() which will allow me
to get a reference to the parent window from inside a child activity
of the TabHost??

Thanks