I have no experience with Android playing video, but I do have
experience with video.
ok, so you're warned... ;-)
Why do you think that it should be 30fps? That seems rather intensive
for this device. But, if you can't even get it to open, then I assume
that's a setting you can mess with after you get the file opened.
Also, if you are receiving an error back with getVideoSize, perhaps
the size is wrong. I know that's a "duh" --  but, just checking. Is it
less than 480x352?

Have you tried the video on a real device?

--
Brad Fuller