I have a 'Portrait mode' tabbed based application that contains a
SurfaceView (with a camera preview on it) within one of the tabs. I have
been creating my camera code from the Android API Demos and I have it all
set-up working correctly bar one thing. The resulting camera preview is
stretched and scaled making the preview look off.

Ideally I want to render the SurfaceView at the native preview size defined
by the camera within the tab. However that would involve making the
contents of the tab larger than its parent! (Or rather larger than the
FrameLayout the tab activities are contained in).

How can I go about Achieving this?

Image of problem: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1152/problemle.jpg

--
-Alex Davidson (aldavid...@gmail.com)