Hi, we are sending push notifications to our app on Android devices and
seeing fluctuations in receiving the notification on the handset. It seems
to work for a short while, and then push notification cease to come in for
say 5 mins and we'll stop using the handset. We'll go back to it a bit
later and try again and the push notifications start to come in again.
Then, if we use it a lot 20+ notifications, it'll stop to work again.

However, our logging shows that for each send request to the C2DM server:

   - We are getting back a response with a StatusCode = 200
   - The Error= string is not present in the response body
   - The Id= is populated with a different id each time.

So, its fair to assume from the logging that the C2DM server accepted each
message - and therefore you would assume that it would fulfil that and send
the notification. Interestingly, whilst our app was stalled due to waiting
for notifications - Google Talk was working fine (as I understand it Talk
uses push to communicate).

What could be causing the notifications to not be sent? Does Google cap the
number of notifications you can send in a fixed amount of time - for
instance can you send a max of 2 per minute? We are getting any of the
quota error codes back.

We sent about 60 to two different devices (30 to each) in a 2 minute window
and I think about 40% of them got through - most towards the start of
testing.

Any input is greatly welcomed. Thanks everyone.