Thanks Dianne, for this infomation on Compatibility Testing.

Couuld you clarify the exact scope? Is it the devices core API that
have to pass or their implementation of it?

My query is a little bit of a grey area:

On the latest Samsung Tablets (e.g. Tab 7 Plus) the LayoutAnimation on
AppWidgets doesn't work in their TouchWiz homescreen. From the log cat
it seems they are deliberately stripping them out.
This works perfectly in AppWidgets in the emulator from all APIs since
1.5, and on most other realworld devices.

However, if I install another Homescreen app on the Tablet such as Go
Launcher, the AppWidgets are fine and display the LayoutAnimations
correctly.

So it their Touchwiz homescreen covered by the CTS, or do they pass
because their underlying Android implementation supports it, as shown
by Go Launcher, and it is just my tough luck that their particular
Home Screen is not fully featured?

Regards
James

Dusk Jockeys Android Apps