On Jan 13, 9:52 am, Bruce Beare <bbea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's actually far faster than an ARM emulation (provided that you are
> running on Linux with kvm enabled).
> Last I heard, there was a bug in the released SDK's version that was
> causing the emulator to have a very slow
> start-up time. If it isn't already fixed in the master branch, I'll
> see about getting the fix uploaded there.
>
> Note: you will also need to load in kvm (on Linux):
>   sudo modprobe kvm
>   sudo modprobe kvm_intel

Thanks for the prompt reply. I checked that I had kvm and kvm_intel
loaded by doing an lsmod | grep kvm. I get this output :

kvm_intel              55857  0
kvm                   336931  1 kvm_intel

I am guessing that means, my OS is setup to run it in KVM.

Also, I think you need to build x86 binaries from source for a
particular Android version for this to work out on an emulated phone.
Am I right here ?

Anirudh