In the onCreate method I define this:
userNameSpinner.setOnItemSelectedListener(new OnItemSelectedListener() {
@Override
public void onItemSelected(AdapterView<?> parentView,
View selectedItemView, int position, long id) {
                             Log.i(TAG, position);
                        }
                });

In onResume and after calling a dialog where a new row can be added to my
list I call this, and it displays the Spinner as I expect when I touch it,
but, the OnItemSelectedListener doesn't appear to be working, as it never
calls the Log method in onItemSelected.  I am curious what I did wrong, or
if my order is wrong.
userNameSpinner.setAdapter(new ArrayAdapter<String>(mContext,
android.R.layout.simple_list_item_1, mylist
.toArray(new String[0])) {
@Override
public View getDropDownView(int position, View convertView,
android.view.ViewGroup parent) {
View v = convertView;
if (v == null) {
Context mContext = this.getContext();
LayoutInflater vi = (LayoutInflater) mContext
.getSystemService(Context.LAYOUT_INFLATER_SERVICE);
v = vi.inflate(R.layout.row, null);
}
TextView tv = (TextView) v.findViewById(R.id.spinnerTarget);
tv.setText(mylist.get(position));
tv.setTextColor(Color.RED);
return v;
}
});

--
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."