Hi,

If we open Maps application(in built) in the device it will show the
GPS indicator on the status bar already if GPS is enabled in  the
device and If we come out from the maps application then that
indicator will dismissed from status bar.

Similarly how in my application if i am using GPS yhen i want to show
GPS indicator on the status bar and whwnever i come out from my
application i want to dismiss that indicator from staus bar. How can i
achieve this...? can anybody give me some idea to get this...

How can I display in my application that will use the GPS for
something on the status bar. For example just open up Google Maps. If
you want to know if you left the GPS activated, just slide the
notification panel and at the top you will have the toggle buttons,
one of them is the GPS.