Hi,

I'm wondering about the Java SecurityManager within Android. I
understand that it doesn't provide the isolation/security required by
Android (and that java.lang.System throws an exception if you try to
setSecurityManager), but I'm wondering what the consequences of using
it (in addition to existing mechanisms) would be. In particular, I'm
modifying Android for some research
purposes and I'd like to be able to prevent the use of reflection to
access non-public methods, which can usually be done with a
SecurityManager. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!
Franzi