If it won't play from the SD card, it isn't going to stream either. I
read the thread you referenced in your original message and it leaves
out a lot of details. Information below is for H.264 AVC codec on the
G1:

Performance is rated for AVC baseline profile Level 1.3. A
conservative bit rate for video stream is 384Kbps, although I've
pushed it to 600Kbps and beyond. It depends a lot on how good the
encoder is at smoothing out complexity - big bursts of complex frames
can bring the decoder to its knees and even make the audio break up.
Max frame size is 480x320 @ 30 fps. It does not support B-frames, so
make sure you disable that in your encoder.

For streams, the 'moov' atom must appear before the 'mdat' atom.