There's the
ACTION_PACKAGE_ADDED<http://developer.android.com/intl/de/reference/android/content/Intent.html#ACTION_PACKAGE_ADDED>
 broadcast
you could use to see when it's installed.  I don't think there's one for if
it was declined, but you could use some trickery in your onResume().  The
only problem is if they hit the home button when the installer is showing
and then somehow navigate back to your app in such a way that they can
still get back to the installer.