Hi,

"Android 4.0.3 is checked (what's that mean?)"
This usually means that if you press the "Install 6 Packages..." button, the packages for the latest Android version (4.0.3) will be downloaded.
Did you try this button?

By the way, consider the following table before choosing your application target:
http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html

Hope this helps
/Yaron

--