Hi,

So I have something like this now

*

public class listmodified extends ListActivity implements OnGestureListener
{
 //public ArrayList<String> myList = new
ArrayList<String>(Arrays.asList(items));

      public Map<Integer, String> myHashMap;

      {

          String Result="";
          myHashMap = new HashMap<Integer, String>();
           myHashMap.put(1, "one");
           myHashMap.put(2, "two");

           myHashMap.keySet().toArray();
           myHashMap.values().toArray();

           Result = ": + myHashMap.keySet().toArray() +
myHashMap.values().toArray()";

      }

I probably need to iterate  over the hashmap and populate items with
Result. Items could be declared outside of the brackets as

public static String[] items={};
*

**