My application has a static broadcast receiver that listens to
specific data sms on port 50011 to wake up the application and run.

I tested the app on a wide range of android devices (android 2.1 ->
android 2.3.4) and it is working perfectly. However, I am trying it
now on Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.2 and it is failing to
receive the binary sms. The OS doesn't seem to consume that SMS as it
is not showing any relevant messages in logcat.

Is anyone familiar with that issue? It's very urgent :S

Thanks

Here is the receiver part that I wrote in the manifest.

    <receiver
        android:name=".SmsListener">
        <intent-filter android:priority="10" >
            <action
android:name="android.intent.action.DATA_SMS_RECEIVED" />
            <data android:scheme="sms" />
            <data android:host="localhost" />
            <data android:port="50011" />
        </intent-filter>