Hi, sorry I should have elaborated a bit more. I have some code to catch
exceptions when accessing my database at process initialisation, and this
is where the app comes unstuck. At startup, a single worker thread is given
the job of reading from the database. While this is happening a splash
screen is shown and no activities (other than the splash screen activity)
are active. After startup, there are no more database reads. There are
database writes every now and then in the course of the process lifecycle,
and these happen in the service onDestroy method.

Anyway, yes, some more debugging is in order.