> It is my understanding that for an app which requires a fee to be
> downloaded (so not for free apps), the developer can see each buyer's
> detailed information, which among other things, contain their email
> address.

That is correct...

Is this true?

Yes

Only in case of apps which require purchase, can i see
> the email address of the users who buy my app?

Yes, because that information is available through Google Wallet... Only
paid apps go through Google Wallet

Can i contact them via those email addresses? (no, i don't want to send
> spam or things like that)

Among that information is an "Email Marketing" field... if it says "yes"
then you certainly can contact them.  If it says no (and I've never seen it
say anything but) then you'd better not...

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer
http://sites.google.com/site/magouyaware