On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:21 AM, Mohit Ramani <raman...@codewalla.com> wrote:
> I am developing an application which will have to catch notifications for
> Incoming SMS, Outgoing SMS, Missed Calls, Incoming & Outgoing E-mails. Now I
> have found a way to get all these notifications except for the e-mail which
> seems impossible at the moment, but my question is will these be supported
> in future OS as well.

There is no way to "catch notifications" for "Outgoing SMS" or
"Incoming & Outgoing E-mails". At best, you have some undocumented,
unsupported, and unreliable means for detecting events with AOSP
clients for those protocols. They may not work with third-party apps,
and some that were open are being closed off (such as Gmail, though it
is possible the Gmail label API might meet your needs).

> What i saw was that managedQuery function has been
> deprecated in 4.0.3, so now before writing this app I need to be sure
> whether these features will remain as is and the content that content
> providers provide will be the same across all android phones.

They are not going to be "the same across all android phones".

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!