Since no-one's offered you try using Linux, I'll do that now. Some devices
still need some magic in "the udev config file", but most don't.

I'm seeing a big difference in how fast Eclipse launches an app after it's
been built, it's much faster on Linux than on Windows (same computer, same
Eclipse versions).

You can make up for the increased efficiency by trying different
distributions, kernels, desktop environments, or figuring out what
configuration file controls X, Y or Z that could be easily changed by
pointing and clicking on Windows or Mac.

Faster launch time is the killer difference for me though.

And back to Windows, some manufacturers started posting their ADB drivers
to the Windows Update Center, so they install automagically. Out of the
devices I have, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc was the first one, and today I saw
it with my Galaxy Nexus.

The funny (and sad) part is that the adb driver appears to be the same,
it's just the PNP ID's that are different.

-- K