I guess you could use a Google Custom Search configured to search on the
whole web in a  local "site" that takes part of your app. I'm not a lawyer
and I haven't read Custom Search T&Cs in a long while, but a few years ago
it was allowed to do something like that for a desktop app.
You could check if other search services offer stuff like that.

Marina