My buddy and I are starting an app project. He's doing Win8, and I'm doing
Android.

For simple apps not requiring external keyboards, graphic tablets or
pointing devices,
where is the 'best' entry point viz simplicity of codex, versus upward
porting ability?

Our target audience would be 2.0, but if the app grows we'll want to port
to 3.0 / 4.0.
Is it simpler to code in 4.0, then limit functionality and down-port to
3.0, then 2.0??

And is there an online sim for beta testing, or do we have to hunt-and-peck
this puppy?

Last, is there an app library for remotely accessing and using Google
Spreadsheets?