Hello,
    I am an experienced programmer who is just starting to design programs
in Android.
I'm hoping some one can please help me get started in the right direction
(unlike I usually do it).

When a transaction is performed in my app on Device A, I would like to
transmit data to other devices in a
'Group' to keep them in sync.

The minimum data per transaction could be a 3 element string array.
I was thinking about using messaging to accomplish this because of the
small payload and I can only assume that would be the closest thing to
realtime notification. I've only read a little about using texts for
process communications, and that is one area I might like to investigate.

On the other hand, using a central database would offer the benefit of
being to keep a centralized log of activity and I would prefer to use a
database in general.
I am starting out now on trying to find methods of using 'cloud' based data
store from multiple devices for SQLite. Would I need to buy hosting?

If anyone can please suggest some areas for me to investigate, I'll go do
some reading.

Thanks for your help