After reading this :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10383083/how-to-mute-camera-shutter-sound-on-android-phone

it seems you can best manage this by coding as best you can to disable the
shutter click, and perhaps providing a help screen of tips that will tip
the users on how to manage the problem themselves.

Personally, if I wanted such an app, and my device was noisy, I would find
a physical means to mute it...

On 2 September 2012 23:45, Kristopher Micinski <krismicin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> For that specific device, I'm guessing not, this sounds fairly
> targeted and (knowing most of the API) nothing stands out to me as a
> red flag about how it's done, I'd mess aroudn with the app for a while
> and decompile it if I couldn't figure it out..
>
> kris
>
> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Jeffrey Peacock <jeffp.ea...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Each of those is possible.  Going through the front door channel might
> > invoke more resistance as it would then be a kind-of official reply.  I
> > was hoping s/he might be on this list.
> >
> > I'm also betting that someone here knows the answer.
> >
> > /J
> >

> > On 09/02/2012 02:49 PM, Kristopher Micinski wrote:
> >>
> >> Jeff,
> >>
> >> In the worst case scenario, you could just disassemble the app and
> >> reverse engineer it...
> >>
> >> In the best case scenario you should email the developer and ask him
> >> how he's doing it, citing your research as why you need it (providing
> >> proof you won't rip off his app, presumably)..
> >>
> >> kris

> enjoying

> hammer.

> as
> the

> call.

> > --

Ubuntu Speech
input<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nds.ubuntuspeechinput>is
now available on Google Play, along with Magnetic
Door Alarm
app<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nds.magneticdooralarm>
.