I have developed an app that uses alarm/notification services of the
android system. In the recent few days I found my phone (Nexus S Jelly
Bean) display is switching on unwantedly. I am worried whether this is due
to my app. The screen goes on and becomes off immediately with no reason.

I have noticed the following message in the logcat when this thing happens:
"Excessive delay setting brightness: 197ms, mask=2"

Can anyone faced this problem earlier? I am worried whether my app is
causing this issue. But, i am very sure this was not happening earlier.
Any help on this would be appreciated.