Thank you very much, fadden! It is much appreciated. For now I appear
to have fixed not only my run-to-run memory leaks but also the
frequent multi-run crashes by ensuring that my threads finish. From
reading this group I had just been looking in the wrong direction when
hunting for context leaks in relation to bitmaps and the camera,
because in hindsight I could with every run see the number of threads
grow in the thread view of DDMS (just not visible by default).

When compiling hprofConv.c I noticed that stdint.h is not included
with Visual Studio C++ products (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Stdint.h), so I fetched the "portable stdint.h" pstdint.h from the web
(http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/pstdint.h). Next I found that I
had to redefine DBUG for lack of support for variable length argument
lists in my (old) C preprocessor, and I had to apply a few explicit
casts to HprofBasicType to satisfy the VC compiler. Of course I fully
understand that HprofConv was not yet developed for maximum
portability but for in-house use. I will experiment with your
HprofConv utility later.

Thanks!