Thanks for setting me on the right track!!!

It seems my problem is caused by the typo in my AndroidManifest.xml you
pointed out.

http://davidjhinson.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/android-market-filtering-and-androidmanifest-xml/

Because of the erroneous 'name' attribute instead of 'android:name' the
whole uses-feature declaration is obviously ignored and consequently the
app requires autofocus support on the camera (because of  '<uses-permission
android:name=”android.permission.CAMERA”/>').

Problem solved!