It could be you need to enable hardware acceleration on your WebView or
perhaps set a custom WebChromeClient on your WebView to open it as
fullscreen. It depends on your target platform and your needs.
Search for "Android WebView HTML5 video" and you'll find some help. I'm
still working on it.

Marina