My issue: whenever my app starts up, it then shuts down and restarts.
Whenever it stops, it stops, gets destroyed, gets recreated, and then stops
again.

My app is basically a wrapper for a WebView that uses my webapp. I'm going
to have a dedicated set of devices (Nexus 7 tables, yay!) to run it on, and
I wanted to lock it down so the people getting paid to use it won't surf
the web/listen to music, etc. To lock it down, I'm giving it the home
category in its manifest. Without the home category set, I don't get the
weird lifecycle behavior.

Any idea what I can do to get rid of the weird lifecycle behavior while
keeping the lockdown feature?