It almost certainly does NOT work with 3G on AT&T.  The G1 radio uses a
different frequency than AT&T uses, so there is no way it can work.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.