Here is an use case we are trying ..

Apk .. MyEmail
   main -> Inbox
   view -> composer
   view -> msgview

If the above apk contains 3 activities ..

User launches the "MyEmail: and sees the Inbox ..
User selects one of the messages .. thus launching the "msgview"
activity ..

User goes back to home .. and launches .. composer directly .. ()
Now the user must be able to switch back and forth between "msgview"
and "composer" .. Note this composer window has no association with
the Inbox->msgview ..

One possible method is to launch the MyEmail in own task and launch
another activity (eg.composer) as a separate instance .. This is what
I was trying to show in the code above ..

I did read through the 'warning' in the docs of
FLAG_ACTIVITY_MULTIPLE_TASK usage. Assuming for now we use the
RecentAppsDialog(long key press) as the task switcher .. any
suggestions ?

-Dan