Nearly all of the code in Android is licensed under Apache 2.0, which lets
you do pretty much whatever you want with it.  You should look at the exact
license associated with the specific code to make sure it is okay.

As far as sample code...  well those are there to show you how to write
apps, so it would be pretty silly to not allow you to copy the code to write
your app. :}

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.