You should be able to either connect the left and right edges of the text
view to the right of its container and left of the inner linear layout, or
put it all in a linear layout and give the text view a layout_width of 0px
and layout_weight of 1.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.