Hello,

I have an app did a lot calculations, comunicate with a server and lives
all time in backgound if user wants it. My service could be killed with an
entire process and recreating again when memory have been available so I
manage this behaviour. But issue is that in some rare cases I get an error
which staktrase I post below. My guess is that some part of code which are
executed in another thread try to post some results to component that has
been deleted and recreated again in another process.

Do you have a better eplanation? All help would be appreciated.

E/AndroidRuntime(28461): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to find app
for caller android.app.

ApplicationThreadProxy@42b3bcc0 (pid=28461) when publishing content
providers
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1327)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1281)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.app.ActivityManagerProxy.publishContentProviders(ActivityManagerNative.java:2325)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.app.ActivityThread.installContentProviders(ActivityThread.java:4021)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:3963)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:128)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1199)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4517)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native
Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:993)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:760)
E/AndroidRuntime(28461): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)