I am writing an app that will want to read images and audio files from another
'data' app, that I'm writing.

I have found a couple of examples of how to grab the resources using
packagemanager, but was wondering if this was the best/most secure, way.

Can everyone read my resources or do they need to know the package name? (I
expect this is easily found)
What about rooted users using a file manager app?
Why use resources over assets?
What is internal storage? Is it diff to ass/res? Is that unreadable? If so, how
would I access the files from the other app? Content provider?

Thanks

Russ