On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM, RichardC
<richard.crit...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> This sounds like an Android anti-pattern.  I would suggest you design your
> app so that is does not need a "do you want to quit".
>
> 1) onDestroy is not guaranteed to be called.
> 2) end-users do not expect apps to ask them I they should quit.

Your point 2) is unfortunately not universally true.  We got a 2-star
rating just yesterday, with one of the points the user made being
"There isn't any exit button, (that I can find), so everytime you want
to quit the app, you must hit home button then task manager to close
out app.".

Now, you don't need to explain to me how exit buttons on Android make
no sense - I understand all that and agree with you completely.  My
point is, users don't.  There's probably quite a bunch of people who
got an Android device recently after spending 15 years on Windows, I'm
not even surprised they are confused.

If we get more reviews like this we'll consider adding an exit button,
however bogus it might be, I'm sorry.  A lot of third party apps on
Market do have those I notice...