Not entirely sure from your post...  Is your actual device on wifi and
using the same network as your server?  I have two networks in my house and
sometimes forget to configure the phone on the same one as my server. To
complicate things I run my servers in kvm instances  but I am still able to
get my devices to test against my servers.