While I agree that running a web server of any sort on the android
phone/tablet is pretty pointless compared to todays entry level cheap
hardware.. most of these devices are more powerful and capable than my
development machine was 6..maybe 7 or so years ago, and we wrote cod while
running a database and web server on those. As some of you said..it's
possible.. heck it could probably handle a decent load too. Given that I
*think* there are now ARM based servers being built, I could see where
rather than buying a beefy multi-cpu 2+ rack system, you could put a bunch
of these in place as servers to handle a few dozen or so requests and with
almost no heat and enough power and memory to handle the requests.. a farm
of these could possibly be comparable to much more expensive, heat
dissipating hardware that runs multiple vms. At the very least it would be
pretty cool to see a table full of hundreds of these, all via wifi, just
servicing web requests ;)