I had an issue with my droidx that I no longer use but kept for testing
purposes. I got stuck on the screen where it was waiting to activate.. and
the only option was to restart the phone or continue with activation. Turns
out.. when on that screen where you touch the Android guy to start..
instead.. you touch all four corners (one at a time in order I think). You
then hit the next (or android guy..I forget now) and from that it bypasses
activation requirements and lets you use the phone. I did this, on my
droid-x after I reset the phone and wiped everything. I also did this for a
Samsung S and a Bionic, and it was as I recall the same procedure. All of
these phones were originally on Verizon in the US, so I am not sure if this
will work regardless of carrier and location or not. At any rate, once you
bypass that, you can set up wifi and developer options and you're good to
go.