Hi,

I'm trying to adapt a phone app for tablets and have run into a problem.
When the menu button is pressed, it displays the context menu in the usual
way at the bottom of the screen, for phone AVD's but not tablets. I
confirmed this with a simple test application, created with the "Android
Application" template. If I set the target SDK to 10 or less, then I get
the bottom menu for both phone and tablet, but I want to target 17 for
other reasons. The only way to show the menu items, on the tablet running
4.2, is in the action bar. But this would break compatibility with 2.x, and
I hadn't been planning on using it.

Very strange that the tablet and phone, both running 4.2, would behave
differently, but I've seen one or two postings that suggest what I'm seeing
is real. The only suggested solutions have been to change the target SDK to
<= 10, which as mentioned is unacceptable to me.

Any clarifications as to why I should be seeing this behavior and
suggestions for a work-around would be much appreciated.

TIA,

Matthew Fleming
DermVision