On Monday, February 4, 2013 5:28:07 PM UTC, Romain Guy (Google) wrote:

> If you are drawing your app using standard Views and Canvas, this is not
> required. If you are using SurfaceView.lockCanvas(), make sure to check the
> returned Rect. It tells you what part of the the Canvas you *have* to
> redraw (this will take into account previous frames.) If you always draw
> what intersects this Rect you won't have any problem.

That's interesting, thanks for the info.

As I said though, a large part of the problem is the fact that this is
'legacy' code from JavaME, or not even legacy code really - I'm writing
games that need to run on Android and JavaME from as consistent a codebase
as possible. This means I'm sometimes having to do things in a rather
idiosyncratic manner! I'll see if I can make use of the above though...

And it does save processing time - even on Android ; )

cheers

---
"Android Developers" group.