Hi,

I have a Webview based Android Application that works with my own
application webserver. The application webserver provides HTML5 contents
for each user. The content could be rich text, image or any multimedia
content.

In one of my requirement I want to play live rtsp based stream on Android
Webview application through a webpage inside a frame, the webpage has other
content frames also.

I tried using video tag of HTML5 but it doesn't work for rtsp protocol on
Android ICS. I could find many topics that suggests to use Android
MediaPlayer or Videoview for playing rtsp contents in fullscreen through *
onShowCustomView*, however, my requirement is little different.I *don't* want
to play video in fullscreen mode.

The video doesn't get started with a href link,it gets started
onPageLoad/ready JS event. And I want to play the rtsp streaming video on a
particular layout inside the webview as designed by the html5/css logic. My
queries are

   1. Is it possible to render the videoview/(any control) overlay on top
   of webview or embedded as per the html/css logic to play rtsp stream? If
   so how?
   2. Can it be done on each page load instead of hyperlink?
   3. I could write my own rtsp video plugin to play video but I am not
   sure about integrating my plugin with Webview. There is no enough
   documentation available for doing so. Is it possible, how?

Thanks
Ash

---
"Android Developers" group.