Nobu games hits it on the head. You can however host your own app and end
users can click a link on your Site from their phone to install it from
your site.  Updates could be in the format of an email to your users that
would again click the link from their phone to update. I believe this is
possible. Thus as Nobu said you'd be managing your own distribution and
would benefit for the full payment. You would have to write the processing
code our provide some sort of payment option on your Site with an unlock
code or a different apk file they would then download perhaps.