Apart from Google docs being phased out as a delivery platform, there
are good reasons to keep your crash reports elsewhere:
- You can archive and control them more readily
- You can run all sorts of analysis on them:
  + I have code which "hashes" reports to group them by issue
  + Triage reports this way,
  + Look back at your code and map reports back to possible workflows
through the app..

Kris

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Guy Smith <g...@multiniche.org> wrote:
> There are two parts to this. One, you need to get stack dumps back from your
> app. Two, you need to find testers.
>
> I set up testing in December. ACRA is essentially being phased out (IMHO) -
> see
> https://github.com/ACRA/acra/wiki/Notice-on-Google-Form-Spreadsheet-usage.
> There are several tools out there for putting reporting-back capability into
> your app. Most of them cost money, perhaps with a trial period. I went with
> HockeyApp, and was happy.
>
> Finding testers is more difficult. I got best results from ElusiveStars, but
> see AndroidForums for my post
> http://androidforums.com/application-development/672692-testing-sites-services.html.
> I also tried the Alpha&Beta Testing forums, and TheBetaFamily, with little
> success.
>

> On Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:20:11 PM UTC+10, TreKing wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:37 PM, njman <njs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> How do people test their beta apps - i.e. released to a few
>>> testers - getting back app crashed doesn't help.
>>>
>>> Can users send back a log file and/or stack trace.
>>

>> Use something like ACRA get logs and traces of what your app is doing
>> along with a crash.
>> Have your testers explain to you how they break your app.

> ---
> "Android Developers" group.
> email to android-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---